the fire ban has been lifted. the best six words we ever heard on our Labor Day weekend campout to Lake Chelan. The fire ban has been going on all month. I packed all our food assuming there would be no fires, but after we arrived, we learned that just that morning, they had lifted the fire ban. yay! a quick stop at the grocery store for some hot dogs and marshmallows and we were all set.
We loved Lake Chelan! fun, clean, pretty lake. lots to do in the area. we swam, hiked, went bowling, picked apples. summer went out with a bang.
This was our first time using the big camping stove. Ryan really wants us to be a camping family. It seems that he thinks if he keeps buying awesome camping equipment, I will start to like it. last summer was the taj mahal of all tents and now this cookstove. I can usually only stand camping once a year. This summer we camped two times, and this last weekend was for 2 nights! a first for us. it felt like forever. But I'm not going to lie. I loved that stove and having pancakes and eggs in the morning.
we picked 16 pounds of gala and golden delicious
loved Ryan in the apple picking gear. his new FB profile, maybe? :)
FYI--Lake Chelan is Washington's largest natural lake.
55 miles long!
and third deepest lake in the USA. 1500 feet deep.
and ps--best part of the trip for me, was eating at the new Café Rio in Wenatchee, 30 minutes from Lake Chelan, 2.5 hours from Seattle. so exciting!!!
and ps--best part of the trip for me, was eating at the new Café Rio in Wenatchee, 30 minutes from Lake Chelan, 2.5 hours from Seattle. so exciting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment