Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January

In January we celebrated our anniversary--17 years!!


Emily sang 2 songs in the state solo ensemble competition.  Ryan was her pianist and she was awesome!!

Jake had nightmares because I let him watch Maze Runner 2.  What was I thinking?

Ryan got a new job!  He has loved his past 3 years with his old company, but was ready for a change.    Even though he is back to commuting into downtown Seattle and wearing suits to work. 

Emily and Trent sang in a choir for a 10 stake youth fireside, featuring Elder Dallin H. Oaks as the speaker.  AND...they got to shake Elder Oaks' hand!  He came in 15 minutes early, and shook hands with everyone in the choir.  There were around 100 kids in the choir!  It was a Q&A session and one of the things he talked about was preparing for a mission and how separation anxiety has been more of a problem now that the age is 18 instead of 19. and also how sister missionaries are not required to serve. 

It rained a lot and then it rained some more.

Trent and I rescued an older neighbor lady who had fallen down in her driveway and couldn't get up.   We were driving home one Saturday morning, and she was sitting in her driveway waving for help.  She slipped on black ice, while going outside to get her newspaper.  We called 911.  She ended up breaking her ankle, having surgery and moving into a nursing home.  She is 82.  It's sad to get old!  Ryan's parents are around that same age and afterwards, Ryan said, "after what happened today, I feel like I need to call my parents." 

Some people go the month of January with no sugar.  I am proud to say that I went the whole month (so far) with NO hot chocolate!  and it was hard.  but I have the last jar of homemade hot cocoa mix hidden in the back of the pantry that I'm saving for mid-winter break.  (end of February)

In Primary, we kicked off the 2016 theme of I know the Scriptures are True.  The kids get to put a bead in a jar for every day they read their scriptures.  At home, Jacob is loving the Book of Mormon for Young Readers.  It's awesome.




Trent has been growing again and is now taller than Emily! 

Emily and I went to another LuLaRoe party.  We are addicted to LuLaRoe!  It's so much fun.  Emily got some really cute Valentine's leggings.



The Seahawks didn't make the super bowl.  Everyone was so disappointed.  and the 10 am Sunday morning games in January didn't work with our 1 pm church.  I'd walk through the parking lot to church and see husbands (including Ryan) sitting in their cars listening to the end of the game.  Then Ryan would come in a little late and give us a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  Ryan also says that in this household, we do not cheer for Carolina, so I guess by default, we are cheering for Denver.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're just great at rescuing people lately! Don't tell Devin, but I'm kind of glad that football season is over. Sunday was much nicer with out the game on and a hubby in the car until it ended. :)

Shauna said...

Wow, what a blessing that you were able to help your neighbor, also very sad. Congrats to Ryan, I think wearing suits to work sounds sophisticated and cool, but I'm not the one doing it so I guess there's that. :);) Sounds like life is great for you all. Happy to hear,

Love,

Shauna xo