Saturday, June 14, 2014

the difference between private and public schools

when Trent was 9, and attending the American School in Japan, he threw his lunch box on the roof, was immediately taken to the principal's office and I got a phone call.  It was returned to him later that day.   It was a serious thing. 

Jacob threw his lunchbox on the roof about three weeks ago.  (what is it with boys and lunchboxes?)and nothing happened.  nobody cared, except the janitor, who told Jacob that he would eventually get it down for him but it could be a while.  Jacob told me about it the next morning when I was packing his lunch and realized it was gone.  Three weeks later, it was returned to him. with a huge, frayed hole in it.  probably from a bird or a rat or who knows what.  gross! forgot to take a picture of it before I marched it over to the garbage can.

sometimes I miss private school and sometimes I don't!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

From what it sounds like I would have loved my kids to go to school in Japan. Discipline and no messing around. I like it. :)

Love

Shauna xoxoxox