Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ensign Ranch

This weekend we had our ward campout up at Ensign Ranch, about an hour east of Issaquah.  We had a blast!   About 15 families set up camp right next to a river, where the kids promptly found a huge, fat frog, then passed it around and played with it so much, it died.  Then they buried it.

This is our new awesome tent we got from our garage sale proceedings.  Our first time using it.  it even has 2 rooms inside, one for the kids and one for me and Ryan.  It's huge.  we all loved it.  and since Ryan couldn't come up till late that night, I set up my first tent ever!  with the help from one of my friends. 


where there is a fire, you will find my boys


The great thing about Ensign ranch is all the activities--they had a huge water slide, a small man-made lake for swimming, canoeing and Trent's favorite, the rope swing.  the river, and horsebackriding.  I went up a little early with two other wives and kids, leaving our husbands to come up that night after work.  so our kids would be able to have 2 days to play instead of one.




Ryan, Trent and Emily went on an hour long trail ride, while Jake had a short parent-led pony ride.   Except I HATE horses and was terrified to lead this horse, so the nice missionary guy (Ensign Ranch is all run by LDS   missionaries) went with me.  so this is really a guide-leading-parent-led pony ride.  pathetic, I know . but true.  It's all because when I was ten, up at my grandma's cabin,  I went on a trail ride in Jackson Hole, and the horse got spooked and it freaked me out.  I've never liked horses since.  So this is me facing my fear!




Right as this picture was being taken, Ryan's horse got spooked, kicked back and broke the rope holding the horse to the post. It was a little bit scary for a minute.



We had SO much fun.  can't wait to do it again next summer.

1 comment:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Oh my gosh- I remember that trail ride by the cabin on the horses. I just remember you hated it and your horse was crazy. No wonder you still dont like them! However, that looks like a very fun camp! All I have to say is, yeah for you for putting up a giant tent by yourself. Bravo!!!!