Friday, December 7, 2012

November catch up

In November, Jacob lost his first tooth!  It was hanging by a thread for a few days, but he refused to pull it out.  It finally came out one day, in his peanut butter sandwich!
 
Also, notice Jake's red right eye in the picture below?  He got kicked in the eye during a rowdy trampoline game by a neighbor friend.  Went to the doctor--he had some broken blood vessels, but it healed in a few weeks.

Trent has been watching a lot of football with Ryan this month.  I don't know why, but the sheepskin rug on the floor is the kids' favorite place to watch TV.  They fight over who gets the rug.  loser gets the couch.
Jake wows us with his cup stacking abilities.  I guess they've been doing this in PE lately.  He is really fast.  In the background, I was setting up our card tables for pie night.  Thanksgiving dinner was just our little family of 5, then that night we invited four families from the ward over for pie and dessert.  It was really fun!
and speaking of pie, have you ever tried a non-baked pumpkin pie?  This year I tried my grandmother's recipe for the first time and YUM!!  Ryan said it was the best pumpkin pie he's ever had.  ever.  I generally love anything pumpkin flavored, except for pumpkin pie, because of the slimy texture you get when you bake it.  but this is more creamy, pudding like.  I will definitely be making this from now on every Thanksgiving.
 

The day after Thanksgiving a surprise package came in the mail from my mom!  The kids were so excited.

They loved this light up train!  For a while, we had it on display in the dining room, but eventually, each child took a piece and uses it in their room for a night light.  there are so many colors up on the ceiling, it's like a disco ball in your room.

Turn sideways:  this was Jacob!  in the annonymous first grade quote of the week.  His teacher is always telling me how sweet and nice and kind Jacob is at school. 


last, putting up Christmas lights in the rain.  That's how we do it here!  When Ryan's parents came to visit last month, they brought us all their old Christmas lights.  said they were too old to be putting lights up anymore.  I love having all red lights on the house.  It's very unique.

PS--we've had Paula Deen's baked apples a few times this month.  click here for the recipe.  such a quick and yummy dessert.   we all love it.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

Sounds like a great November :). I especially love the train!