Thursday, January 1, 2015

favorite 2014 books

Jill's top five favorite books of 2014

1.  Unbroken
2.  Blackmoore
3.  Still Alice
4.  Gallagher Girls series
5.  Global Mom:  eight countries, sixteen addresses, five languages, one family


Emily's top five favorite books of 2014

1.  Maze Runner series
2.  Heist Society series
3.  Pivot point series
4.  Gallagher Girls series
5.  Heroes of Olympus series

Last January, Emily came up with the idea to keep track of books we've read with little slips of paper in jars.  One jar for each of us.  Kind of like a competition.  That I lost.  I lost bad!!  Emily set a goal to read 100 books in 2014 and she actually read 114.  I read 50 books this year.   I wasn't too excited about this jar tracking plan in the beginning.  Isn't this what Goodreads is for?  But Emily was so excited about it, I'm glad we did it.  Every time she finished a book, the boys would gather in her room for what they call "the ceremonial dropping of the paper in the jar."  it was so cute!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Your family is so cute. Global mom is a great book. Love,

Shauna xoxo

Lisa Brown said...

So fun! And I've read three of your five favorites. I'll have to check out the Gallagher Girls :).