Monday, April 20, 2015

my birthday

 It was so fun to have a birthday on a Saturday, with everybody home.  It was busy, but that's how I like it.  We woke up early to clean the church, went out to breakfast at IHOP, watched Jacob's baseball game and then set up and participated in our girl's camp fundraiser.  The girls were selling desserts and coupons at our ward luau.  It was really fun and Emily was able to raise enough  money to pay for camp.


to sell that night, Emily and I  brought homemade caramels, a peanut butter cup overload cake (which was a HIT!) and a fruit trifle.

 
 
 
So the night was busy and nobody got any pictures until afterwards.  But this table looked awesome when it was packed with delicious desserts.  I love working with all these women in the young women's program.   ps.  I made the sign!
 

Ryan and the kids said I could pick anything I wanted that night to take home for my birthday cake.  So I picked this amazing Neapolitan checkered cake. 




Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.  It was a great day.  I think 37 is going to be awesome!  My brother, Matthew, reminded me that Steve Young didn't retire until he was 38 so I at least have one more good year left!  :)

No comments: