Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May the fourth be with you


 
I've been feeling a little guilty lately that I haven't been making our holidays special enough for the kids.  Easter was low key and St. Patrick's Day I did nothing.  like really.  nothing.  and Jacob felt bad about that.  He really wanted to build a leprechaun trap etc.  but I wasn't into it.  But this week I had more time and thought we'd go all out for May 4, Star Wars day.
 
 
My boys LOVE Star Wars.  they live, eat and breath Star Wars.  and really, how many more years do I have like this?  so we started out the day with our Star Wars pancakes.  super cute.  After school we had Wookie Cookies.  and I surprised them with new light sabers.  everybody must be celebrating May the 4th, because there were only 2 light sabers left at Target.  lucky me!  Then for dinner we had Greedo Burritos and Darth Malts from the Star Wars cookbook.  We have definitely gotten our money's worth from that cookbook.  It is awesome!  We also watched the Star Wars Phineas and Ferb movie.
 
Happy boys = Happy mom!

Emily asked why she didn't get Star Wars pancakes for breakfast.  She has 6 am seminary.  To which I replied, "The force is not strong at 5:30 am!"

No comments: