Last week Ryan's parents were visiting and we took them to the brand new Seattle FamilySearch Discovery Center. It is a pilot program. There is one other in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City. They have plans for a few more around the world in the next few years. Basically, it is a blast! and it's open to the public. Everyone gets their own ipad and you go around to different hands on stations. It's all touch screen. My kids loved it. And we found out we're related to Jesse James, Walt Disney, Obama and Benjamin Franklin.
It is geared to the under 35 crowd. I'll admit, Ryan's parents had a hard time with the technology. When Ryan's mom saw the recording studio where you can video yourself talking about pictures or family events, she said, but what if I don't want a video? I just want it all written down on paper...
If you live in Seattle or SLC, you need to go! make a reservation on their website. your kids will love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment