Friday, June 16, 2017

funeral

On June 1st, My grandmother, Maurene Crandall passed away at age 91.  I flew home for the funeral, in Pocatello Idaho.  It was nice to see so many extended family members and the funeral was a wonderful tribute.  We were challenged to pick a trait of my grandma and continue to live it as a tribute to her.  Be Loyal,  be Fabulous, be Generous, and be Dramatic.


going through my grandma's scarves


grandchildren practicing a musical number.  I am the oldest of 25 grandchildren.


the pearl necklace I am wearing was my grandma's.



the grandsons were the pallbearers and the granddaughters lined the sidewalk as they came out.

I feel lucky that my kids knew their great grandma and I had my grandma in my life until I was age 39.  One of my favorite memories about her, going along with the Generous trait.  When I was three months pregnant with Emily, I called her to ask about a German Chocolate cake recipe I was making for Ryan's birthday.  about 2 days later, a package came from my grandma that had all the stuff to make the cake and three 9 inch round cake pans.  with a note that said someone in my condition shouldn't have to go out to the store.  (this was pre-internet days) 

read obituary here.  

No comments: