Sunday, July 9, 2017

summer week 1

The boys skipped the last day of school to fly to Idaho for cousins camp.  (June 20th is sooooo late to get out of school)  My kids had flown alone before, but never without Emily.  This year, Emily opted out of cousins camp so she could stay home and work.  The boys did great!  It helped that I handed them brand new fidget spinners just as they boarded the plane and we were saying goodbye.  



My parents are amazing! Every year somehow cousins camp gets bigger and better.  I am pretty sure they love their grandchildren more than their own children.  I never worry when my kids are with my parents.   They swim, stay up late, eat out, jet ski and go to the movies.  This year they also did the drops, and spent a day bike riding up in Sun Valley.  Another day my parents had rented a dunk tank for the back yard, and another day they got to visit/tour the emergency helicopter at the hospital.  My kids came home happy, sunburned and exhausted.  

here are a few pics I got.  






themed pillow cases made by my mom are a cousins camp tradition.  this year it was bikes!

meanwhile, in Seattle, when Ryan and Emily weren't working, we went out to dinner a few times,  Emily and I saw Wonder Woman (loved!)  and Ryan and I saw the terracotta warrior displays at a museum in Seattle.  It was really cool.  but we missed the boys and were glad to have them home.



thanks for a fantastic cousins camp, mom and dad!  It was the highlight of the summer for my boys.

No comments: