Monday, March 5, 2018

Universal--Harry Potter!!

We just returned from 10 days in Florida.  It was amazing.  perfect weather.  sunny and hot.  Back in Seattle, it snowed while we were gone.  

Where to even start?  How about with Universal.  We spent two days here.  The first, was a Harry Potter day.  Universal has two Harry Potter worlds, (Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley) connected by the Hogwarts Express.  You really felt like you were really there.  Every last detail was amazing.  This was Emily's favorite day of the entire trip, because she lives and breathes Harry Potter.  She knew every reference, every obscure stature or picture that I didn't recognize.  She was in heaven.


Yes, we loved the butterbeer.  We tried frozen and regular.  We had lunch at the Three Broomsticks.  Jake got chosen for the wand ceremony at Ollivanders!!  maybe because he's 11 and wears glasses? He was also wearing a Harry Potter shirt.  a tip I had read that they pick kids wearing Harry Potter clothing.  It was a blast.  


in line for Escape from Gringott's.  great ride!

Diagon Alley--the dragon breathed fire about every 20 minutes


talking to the night bus driver


Hogsmeade




 boarding the Hogswart express.  which is kind of like a ride experience.  it's different in each direction, so make sure to ride it both ways!


I also lost my camera on the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride.  but went back 10 minutes later and someone had turned it into lost and found.  apparently, it had fallen out of my pocket and I had left it on my seat.  I was so thankful! 

 Universal Day 2:  not many pictures.  but for teens, Universal has the faster rides.  the Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket were crazy.  Hulk had 7 inversions, went 67 MPH and had a G-force of 4 G's.   I did not ride it, but the kids went twice.    We had express passes and powered through every ride so fast! 



Other favorite rides were:  Men in Black, Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, Spiderman and King Kong.




No comments: