Thursday, August 9, 2018

first half of summer

since we don't go back to school till September 5th, we are just past the halfway point of summer.  here's what we've been up to so far:

Seattle Torchlight parade with friends--where Jacob successfully got people in the parade to do ALL his favorite dances.  floss, orange justice, shoot etc.


which chocolate cereal is best?  you can't really decide unless you have all three at the same time.  our family votes for Cocoa Pebbles!


while Emily and Trent work as life guards and swim instructors, Jacob stayed busy being on two swim teams.  sometimes having two practices a day.  It kept him very busy.  August will be nice to be on a break and have no swim teams.  


Mercer Island sand castle competition




I had one week in July with just me and Trent.  Emily was at girl's camp and Jake at scout camp.  so we started doing a burger a day.  to explore around Seattle and find the best burger.  Our #1 choice was tipsy burger.   It was lonely for Trent.  One night, while watching TV with me and Ryan, he said, "so, this is what it's like to be an only child."  ha ha ha




Trent also runs five miles every morning with his XC team.  doing summer training.  He REALLY wanted to show me his favorite trails so I attempted to run.  since my knee surgery 2 years ago, I'm not really a runner anymore.  I currently do 1 mile a week just to see if I can.  so Trent's five mile run up in the mountains was a killer.  it was a run/walk combo that took us forever.  and I almost passed out on heartbreak hill.  but now I can picture it in my head when he talks about running heartbreak hill or the swamp trail. 

No comments: