Monday, February 20, 2012

girl scout cookies

Lucky, lucky, lucky was the little girl scout who knocked on our door a few weeks ago.  Our first girl scout cookies in 5 years.   and when she delivered them yesterday, she said, "I just got them in today and came to your house first, because I remembered how excited you guys were about girl scout cookies!"  I think that says it all.


this week we are on winter break.  I've never heard of a school that gets one week off in February (winter break) AND one week off in April (spring break) and school doesn't get out till June 19th.  Our plans this week include, a lot of swimming at the indoor pool and hopefully a trip to the park if it ever stops raining.  but the 5 day forecast doesn't look good.  oh yeah..  and eating a lot of girl scout cookies.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

HOLY MOLY!! I'm not letting my kids look at this blog post or else I am going to get an earful about why we don't have that many girl scout cookies. Okay, have fun with your week off. An indoor pool sounds so fun. Take care,

Shauna

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I'm dying for girl scout cookies- especially thin mints. I even found a cookie tracker app on my iPad so I know where and when to buy them how sad is that. I found some good receipes using the cookies too, as if the cookies themselves are not enough. Love love love your post picture!

Lisa Brown said...

Awesome! And of all the places where you would rather get out early, it is in Seattle, where the summers are the only sunny time of year. We have a 2 week break in March, a two week break in October, and a two week break at Christmas. It means we only have June and July off of school, but we love our schedule.