Monday, February 13, 2012

my brother Jeff

This weekend my brother Jeff (on left) and his friend, Jeff, came to visit!  Jeff is finishing up his last few months of law school in San Francisco. 
First up was the pinewood derby for Trent on Friday night.  it was fun that they could be there to cheer for him.  his car came in somewhere in the middle.  won some and lost some.  but it was a great night.
He won the award for best painted car design, and he also loved his blue wheels instead of the usual black.  He's pointing to an accidental hole in the car, where the drill went a little too far...

After the pinewood derby, we went home for fondue! a special treat my kids love but we don't do that often.  Saturday morning we drove into Seattle and went to Pike's Place Market


the aquarium--which had the largest touch and feel area I've ever seen.  This was their favorite part

I didn't take too many pictures, and most of the time one of the kids had my camera anyways, giving me plenty of little gems like these pictures!  I don't think Jeff checks my blog that often, so he won't mind, right? :)

 coming out of the aquarium, we saw a ton of runners in some sort of race, all wearing red, and mostly dresses, on guys and girls.  the kids thought this was absolutely the funniest thing they've ever seen. we stopped to ask one guy what kind of race this was and it was one of those drinking races.  drink, run, drink, run etc.. doesn't sound too safe to me, but welcome to Seattle.  we asked him why they were all wearing red dresses and if this was for some sort of cause, and he had no idea.  "I'm just doing this for fun!"
 our last stop was the underground tour.  did you know there's an entire underground city underneath Seattle?  it was very interesting.  lots of tunnels.
and then we headed back home, ordered pizza, and watched Napoleon Dynamite, a movie everybody needs to see at least once.

Thanks for coming to visit Jeff and Jeff.  We had a great time!!

3 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

How fun to see Jeffrey- he looks great. Also, I'm fascinated with the Underground City. I'm checking out a book at the library and read all you had. So, cool- I love history like this. I seriously would like to plan a trip just to come see it. So fun

Shauna said...

Okay a fun filled time!! I've never seen this brother of yours. He has the Angell stamp for sure. Where is he going to Law School?

Guess what there is a whole little type of city underneath Los Angeles too because long ago a train ran through, so there were all kinds of things built underground just having to do with the train system that ran.

Um, haven't heard from you, I'm hoping to see your answers soon Miss Jill Angell. I can't be this frank with the other bloggers but I can with you because you are my great friend!!! Looking forward to more posts. And glad you had such a great time with your brother!

Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shauna

Lisa Brown said...

Remember when we went to the aquarium in Seattle? That was so long ago, it makes me feel old. So glad you had a fun visit from your brother :). I love it when family comes to visit!