Happy Valentine's Day! We all had a great day and had loads of candy and treats. except I think Ryan was missing Japan a little. On his way to work, he said, "well, I guess I"m not going to be getting little boxes of chocolates from all my co-workers today" In Japan, Valentine's Day is all about the men. you give chocolate to teachers, bosses, relatives. all men. by the end of the day, Ryan would have quite the stash. But I did give him a giant Reese's heart so at least he got one thing!
here's Jake, opening his valentine's
my present to myself was to take the day off! when Jake left for afternoon kindergarten, I went to the gym, got a manicure, and watched a movie! Contagion. then I went directly to wash my hands. and now I can't stop counting how many times I touch my face!
this year we had a little mailbox and you were supposed to write one valentine per day and we opened them each night at dinner. some were funny, some serious. and a few times, someone broke the rule and wrote one to themselves. "Dear me: thank you for the joy you bring into my life.." (that was Emily's)
because I am so technically challenged, here's a picture of a picture. don't worry, the real ones weren't blurry! but this was Jake's Valentine he passed out. on the back it said "for a great Valentine's Day" Boy, I really need to learn how to use my camera better.
we got these cute fortune valentine's from my mom--thank you!!
Trent passed out these iphone valentine's. so cute! Emily, said she's too old for Valentine's, but she took a few bags of candy to school. I guess you're never too old for candy.
and Trent had a school concert this week--he did great!


No comments:
Post a Comment