Emily just got home from her first year at girl's camp. I can't believe I have a daughter old enough for girls camp. To say she loved it would be an understatement. The past few days we've been hearing lots of stories, songs, and camp cheers. 

Theme: HFL Heavenly Father's League
Cabins: funny sports. Emily was jousting, some of the others were quittich, jazzercize, putt putt, mathletes, cow tippers. etc. FUN!!
bad thing: getting up in the night to go to the bathroom, with no flashlight, and getting lost on the way back. She couldn't find her cabin and ended up at somebody else's cabin, (where there were a few girls still awake) and they pointed her in the right direction--right next door. she was one off.
First Aid was one of Emily's favorite things--because they really got into it! and the older girls got to dress up like injured girls. it's so life like!
Emily's necklace is full of beads! A bead or charm for each activity you do or pass off. She is very proud of everything she earned and can tell you what each one is for. Her favorite: the little white bear from the 7 am polar bear swim.
I am so glad Emily had a great experience! She also really liked the horse back riding and the water slides. I'm also thankful that it was more spiritual and not so focused on pranks. I went to girl's camp twice every summer. I would bring my best friend, Megan, to my stake's girl's camp. and then she would take me to her stake's girl's camp. twice the fun. twice the mischief. My mom never knew (or at least I don't think she did) that half my duffle bag was full of water balloons, shaving cream, paint, honey, saran wrap. we did it all. and also got in a lot of trouble. I remember one year, Megan and I were crowned the shaving cream Queens, on the last day at Kangaroo Court and we had shaving cream smashed in our faces as a payback. the good old days.
thanks for taking so many pictures, Emily, so we could experience it with you!!


1 comment:
OH the memories, my fair Shaving Cream Queen!!!!! I love all the pictures and it looked like she had a blast. We have played a few pranks on our girls last year and plan to do it this year too. What's camp without at least one prank! I can't believe how naughty we were. Seriously, how did those leaders put up with us. I do have to say a memory came to mind, of you and I skipping down the lane and your glasses going in two different directions and you and I laughing so hard for hours. Oh, man i miss you! I need to get together and laugh again about all these silly stories! Just love ya
Post a Comment