Wednesday, July 18, 2012

this week...

Sunday, after church, I told Jake to go upstairs and hang up his church clothes.  I guess next time I will need to specify, on hangers!!


and the big news this week is that Trent got his long board!  Months and months of saving up his money and researching online for the perfect one.  It came yesterday and he is so happy.  and he is so good about sharing with his little brother and other neighborhood kids.   It's funny how things come and go in popularity.  Last summer it was all about ripsticks.  this summer, it's long boards.


and now...back to the kitchen for more jam.  So far I've made 5 batches.  My kids hate store bought jam.  You'd think I was trying to poison them.  This past year, we ran out of jam around mid-April and have had store bought jam for the past 3 months.  oh, the complaining!  This summer, I'm making tons!  I usually make a lot, but I also give away jam--it's such a cute, thoughtful gift.  and  my go-to time saver in December when you need a billion little somethings.  so I either need to increase my jam or stop being so nice.  hummm.  we'll see!

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I love giving jam away too, and so I always have to make extra or run out :). It is so good though!!