Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

Another great Halloween has come and gone! We had great weather and got tons of candy It was a really busy week b/c I was in charge of Jake's class party and the YW came over on the 30th to my house to do Halloween baking.

 Jake was Russell Wilson, the Seahawks quarterback. 


Trent was his angry bird costume from last year

 
all the kids on  our street, ready to start the trick or treating

 
Emily with her two friends, Megan and Cameron.  Emily was a character from Dr. Who, which really means, she wasn't in costume.  but in our area, all the middle schoolers and high schoolers still trick or treat, which is a little strange.
 
 

creepy meatloaf for dinner!  using this mold and these directions.  It was perfect!!



Ward trunk or treat the week before Halloween. (Ryan was working) I love my yukata I decided to buy last minute the day before we moved back to the states.  I'm sure it will be my Halloween costume for the next 20 years!


Jake's class party--the Frankenstein masks were my favorite.  (here is the original idea.) When I asked Jake what his favorite thing about the party was, he said, "you."  He really likes it when I come to school to do stuff with him.

I have always hated the idea of keeping the kids candy from them and then giving them a few pieces a day.  when the kid were very young, I decided to copy a friend of mine, Jeanetta Robinson.  She let her kids keep their candy and eat it as fast or as much as they wanted.  It's great because it's gone in a few days.  maybe a week tops, and then it's OVER!  we're not looking at candy, talking about candy etc. 

but now I am re-thinking this idea.  I have never had a child who loves candy as much as Jacob.  He just kept eating and eating it.  Twice as fast as Trent.  (Emily is currently saving all her candy for when she gets her braces off hopefully this week!  cross your fingers for her.)   13 years this plan has worked for our family, and then yesterday Jacob threw up!  aughhh!  I realized he's the type of child that will need a little more structure and someone to tell him to stop.  I'm sorry it took him throwing up to make me realize that.  so now his candy hidden away and he is on a candy break. 

the candy lover

1 comment:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I love that Emily's friend are Megan and Cameron! They must be pretty great, with those names. Also, love the meatloaf- that's incredible! My kids are dying for me to make it, after viewing your post. Such a good mom as always!