Tuesday, February 11, 2014

snow shoeing


 
Saturday I went snow shoeing with the young men and young women in the ward.  We hiked 2 miles up to a frozen lake, had lunch. then slid back down.  It was a beautiful day!!  It was fun, but not what I had expected.  the YM leaders had said it would be a nice walk with one little hill, when in reality, it was mostly steep and hard the whole way up.  parts of it reminded me of hiking Fuji 3 years ago.  how we'd switchback back and forth. and then going down, there was a vertical slide almost completely down.  like going down a water slide.  you take your snow shoes off, hold them to your chest, and lie on your back and slide down. It was really scary for me!  When I told the YM leaders that this was not what they had told me it would be like, they said, "well if we had told the YW what it was really like, you guys wouldn't have wanted to come!"
 
I survived and now they said I am an "honorary scoutmaster."  I was also the only YW leader who went.  and one other mom came, but she left early.
 
 






made it to the top.  lunchtime!  most of our water bottles and some lunch things, like fruit, were frozen!


2 comments:

Shauna said...

Great pictures. Looks super fun!! You are awesome!

Shauna xoxo

Unknown said...

Okay, the picture with the blue sky, snow falling, trees, and the kids climbing is THE COOLEST pictures ever