I love being in charge of class parties! This time, we had another mom taking pictures so it was nice to see me in a few of them! Second grade is such a cute age. We started outside doing beanbag relay races. Each child got to take home a beanbag I had made. I like to fill them with rice instead of beans, so if you get hit hard with one, it doesn't hurt as bad. It had been raining all day and then stopped just in time!
I read them Zombie in Love. it has really funny pictures! kind of a half Halloween/half Valentine's type of book.
Jake passed out whoopee cushions. They were a hit!! I got the idea here.
They also played a matching game I found here. a few, I made up myself, like the school principal/secretary, but most were from the website. And I learned that you can't assume what kids will know. Some kids hadn't seen Frozen yet, some had never heard of Dora the Explorer, so they needed help to find their match.
Ryan and Jake made a Sea Hawks Valentine's Box. When I went to the store looking for stickers etc. the lady at the store said, "you're about the 30th mom to come in this morning looking for Sea Hawks stuff to make Valentine's Boxes." He LOVED his box. and he also just lost a top tooth!





2 comments:
So cute Jill. I remember our bean bags you made for Kalen's birthday!! We played with those until they broke and thrashed my house. Hahhhahahaha!
Cute ideas. Very fun. You're always so good with the festivities. Love,
Shauna xoxox
2nd grade is the BEST! You would be the ultimate room mom to plan parties, you're always so creative! :)
Post a Comment