Sunday, November 16, 2014

fifteen

 
Emily is fifteen! She woke up to the usual balloons and streamers in her room.  It was a regular busy school day with key club and voice lessons after school.  At night, we had a family party at home.  Most of her presents were surgery related.  Her surgery was four days later.  She got slip on shoes, an electric blanket, a comfy knit dress and BOOKS!
 

When I was in first grade, I broke my arm, had surgery and was in the hospital with my arm in traction for 10 days.  I don't remember much of it, because I was only 6, but I do remember being so excited when my parents surprised me with a HUGE stack of Nancy Drew books.  We recreated this for Emily with Doctor Who books.  she loved it.


trying out the electric blanket in the halls.  the boys love it too!



1 comment:

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Emily, you're such a magnificent young lady. Very impressed by you and your great parents. Love,

Shauna xoxo