Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas 2014


 

Another wonderful Christmas.  This year we stayed in Seattle and had a quiet Christmas with just our little family.  I was videoing the kids coming down the stairs Christmas morning, expecting them to run down the stairs, yelling in excitement, but then realized that they are older now.  They calmly and slowly walked down the stairs.  When did they get to be so big?

Here's the video.  I love that the first thing Jacob gets excited about is the Toblerone bar.  Out of all those presents!!  (santa doesn't wrap presents at our house!)


Christmas Eve jammies.  Emily especially loved her Tardis onsie.


 I made Ryan a Seahawks quilt



All he wanted was Legos--and a 3DSXL


Taylor Swift tickets!  She's coming to Seattle in August.  Emily said she knew I had been trying to get tickets because on the computer she saw that someone has googled "How do I buy Taylor Swift Tickets?"  whoops! 



I'm sure I can find somewhere to wear these lovely jewels from Jacob!  and even in purple, my favorite color.


 Trent really wants to get the bugling merit badge.  He also got an IPOD and skiis!  He starts lessons next week.  (skiing, not bugling)


One of the most exciting things for me that day was that I made cinnamon rolls for the first time EVER!  and it was a huge success.  My family declared them the best cinnamon rolls of their life.  I got the recipe here and will save it forever.  and use it over and over.  Seriously, they were so good, we were fighting over the leftovers the next day.

Crescent Rolls & Cinnamon Rolls made from one dough | Garnish & Glaze
We got to talk to my sister Lynne, on a mission,  who will be home in 6 weeks!  put together a lot of legos and ate a ton of candy.  And later that night we had dinner with two families in our ward.  There were tons of kids running and screaming around the house.  Jacob was having so much fun he told me he was never going home!
 
we have a lot of games to play this last week of vacation!  So far the laser khet game is the favorite.
 
 
playing a duet in church a few days before Christmas. Angels we have Heard on High.  I love playing duets with Ryan.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: