- We had four Christmas concerts in the past week! I thought my camera was on auto and realized later that it wasn't and I had blurry pictures! I love all these concerts because they bring back so many memories for me from my high school choir days. I went with the kids to the Seattle Center performance, followed by ice skating. Always a favorite fieldtrip. But Emily and I skipped the ice skating and I took her home to rest her hip.
- Emily update: her hip surgery was five weeks ago. It's a lot of up and downs, good days and bad days. We saw the doctor yesterday and he said to get off the crutches and start swimming. Still lots of physical therapy. She amazes me with her optimistic and happy attitude. Since she can't carry a backpack, for the first month I would walk with her into her first class, to drop off her backpack, and then pick her up from her last class to carry her backpack out to the car. I'm sure having your mom at school every day for an entire MONTH is not ideal, but she never once acted embarrassed or said anything about it to me. not even when I slipped on the wet floor coming out of the rain and fell down in the commons area! so embarrassing.
- Ryan had sinus surgery last week, to hopefully help him breath better and stop his daily headaches. It was better than he thought it would be and he is back to his crazy 16 hour work days. We rarely see him around here. His company was recently acquired so it's been causing a lot of stress at work. But, compared to Christmas two years ago, we're just thankful he has a job!
- My parents came up for the weekend! It was fun to see them because we won't be going home for Christmas this year. The kids loved going shopping with them and the boys got to have a sleepover at the hotel.

2 comments:
I've been thinking about Emily. I'm sorry this has been so up and down, it's rough. Kalen has to have surgery on Dec. 31st to have the hardware taken out of his arm. We are getting it done right before the beginning of the year, this way for insurance purposed we won't have to pay much. Thankfully, he will be healed in time for baseball try outs in April. This will be his 3rd surgery. Crazy. Thinking of you all. Hope you got our card, Merry Christmas,
Shauna xo
Sounds like you guys joined our "surgery club" ;). So glad everyone is doing better! AndatChristmas, don't you miss those chamber singers performances we used to have? I totally do :).
Post a Comment