Two weeks ago, Emily got to participate in a stake pioneer trek. Three days, 185 kids, 18 miles, 7 blisters. Although she didn't love it, she was a good sport and is glad she did it. She said it was the hardest physical thing she's ever had to do, which is exactly what we wanted. One of the reasons of doing this is to reinforce the idea that you can do hard things. and it was hot. in the 90's.
#thisismytrek #arewethereyet?
She still goes to physical therapy for her hip once a month and I was worried she wouldn't be able to finish it, but she did just fine! for training, (besides swim team) she would walk 5 miles with an incline on a treadmill at the gym 1-2 times a week. She loves the movie room at the gym.
they put the kids in families of 8, and she miraculously got put with her best friend, Cameron. yay!! We have amazing stake leaders who organized this. They did a fantastic job!
Emily was in the trek choir. They practiced every Sunday for the past few months and then performed a few times during trek.
this was her trek family. Her ma and pa, Eric and Stepanie Shipley are awesome!
Emily did much better than I did as a teen. I remember throwing a fit that I didn't want to go on the pioneer trek, so my dad came and picked me up halfway through. I can't remember if we made up an excuse on why I had to leave or if I actually had a conflict, but 1 1/2 days was all I could do. it was horrible.














No comments:
Post a Comment