Monday, April 23, 2012

34

last week I turned 34!   Emily made me this cake all by herself!  I was banished from the kitchen while she worked and  was impressed that she used the oven all by herself and had 4 colors of frosting.   way to go Emily!


we had a small family party that night.  Jake got me lip gloss.  actually, my favorite kind.  I had just bought this exact lip gloss the day before. Ryan said that Jake smelled all the scents at the store and was very serious about picking the best smell. so now I'm all stocked up for the summer.

and Trent got me an oven mitt--because I burned my last one and have been down to only one oven mitt in the kitchen for quite a while now.


found this little note in the bathroom--written in eyeliner.  creative!  from emily.

I had a wonderful day full of phone calls, emails and FB messages.  Jake and I went swimming while the big kids were at school, and then out to lunch.  Emily had swim team try outs.  she made the team!!   I ate whatever I wanted all day.  donut holes for breakfast, fetucchini alfredo for lunch, and burgers for dinner.  goodbye carbs, I will miss you...

because guess what Ryan got me for my birthday?  3 months worth of sessions with my gym trainer!  I had a trainer last summer and loved it, but quit b/c it was too expensive. I've been working out on my own since then. .I must have mentioned to Ryan one too many times how much I missed having a trainer.  I'm SO excited!!!  It's so much better having someone else tell you what to do and push you harder than you'd push yourself.  My mud run is in 5 weeks so this will help get me ready.  thanks Ryan!

I guess now I'm one year older and wiser, too.  maybe.  :)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Jill! I love you-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look exactly the same, you're beautiful in great shape, smart, happy, have a great family, someone who bakes cakes for you and picks lip gloss for you! Can a girl ask for anything more? You've got it all. Jill, I miss you and think about you all the time. Take good care, love, love, love you,

Shauna

Mark said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday- that is cool you're doing a mud run, you'll have to tell us how it goes! Good luck

Mark