We had a great Easter weekend! The most exciting thing for Emily was her new, 5 inch wedges. she's already 5'5, and now measured a whopping 5'10 with the shoes. almost as tall as her dad! She loved it. and practiced all week walking in these shoes. She sang in the ward choir and Ryan was the accompanist. All morning I was thinking, please don't trip and fall during church when you're walking up with the choir! she didn't. :)
Saturday we had a neighborhood egg hunt at the local park.
Jake ran into some friends from school
weekly activities: last year my mom gave me the book, A Christ-Centered Easter, which I love and has tons of great ideas. We did a little devotional each night for the last week, using scriptures and pictures, and also had a Love One Another Wall up in the dining room. a giant poster where anybody could stop and write little notes to other family members. The kids liked that a lot.
Sunday dinner menu: ham, asparagus, mashed potatoes, home made rolls (which is a treat b/c I hate making rolls and only make them maybe twice a year) and this gourmet green salad with homemade red wine vinegarette. I'm not a huge salad fan, but this one was really good! loved the vinegarette. and dessert was this brownie parfait trifle. you can never go wrong with trifles!! layer, whipped cream, cubed brownies, pudding, and chopped heath bars. twice..end with whipped cream and candy on top.
3 comments:
wow, sounds like an awesome Easter dinner!
Jill, your dinner sounded great!
The shoes are fabulous, she looked so nice. Wow, five inches gained from those? That's crazy.
I love the sound of that book. I am going to look for it. After the kids ate candy out of a plastic egg and it was empty I would ask, "what does that empty egg remind you of? And they would say, "that Jesus' tomb was empty." They started to sound like robots-hahaha.
I always love to hear your ideas on family bonding and family spirituality, you do such a great job. Love,
Shauna
Cute shoes! And I was just imagining you back in high school ever wearing heels that high - he he! I remember how afraid you were of the low ones to wear for Chamber Singers. Fun memories :).
Post a Comment