Tuesday, April 3, 2012

the wizard of oz

This past weekend was the middle school production of the Wizard of Oz.  Emily had 3 small roles and did so great!  
she was a crow, in the scene with the scarecrow. (backstage, about to go on)

a winkie--who works for the wicked witch


and an ozian--who lives in the land of oz


her best friend, Marie (who we knew in Japan) was Dorothy.  Sadly, this was the only shot I got together of them.                                                                                      



this play was a TON of work.  way too much, in my opinion for middle school.  3 months of practices, and then 5 hour practices for the last 2 weeks, every day!  But, on the flipside, I've never seen a middle school play so well done.  pretty darn awesome.   Emily has been so tired, and said next year she's definitely not doing the play, it's way too much work.  but then of course, after it was all over and the performances so fun, she said, "you know, I think I'm going to do the play next year after all."  and the 2 cast parties that both went until midnight probably helped sway her decision also.  :)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh, I love the pictures you got!!! So great. Emily is getting so pretty. She looks so much like you in that shot where it's mainly her profile. So pretty, like you.

Love,

Shauna

Lisa Brown said...

I always hated all the rehersal time as well, but then the performance was so much fun, it was all worth it. How fun that she was able to do it :).