Friday, May 11, 2012
what do your kids collect?
mine collect these rubber duckies. They are obsessed with them. Trent's teacher hands them out as prizes at school. I'm thinking about starting a rubber duckie incentive program at home this summer, because they would do anything...and I mean anything...for a rubber duckie. isn't it funny what kids get excited about? This past week the 4th graders have been doing testing all week and for a special prize at the end of testing, I brought in rubber duckies. The students were beyond excited. I don't know how many times I heard, "Mrs. Angell, thank you sooooooo much for the rubber duckies!"
we also collect garbage pail kids. yes, like from the 1980's. who remembers them? My brothers loved them. and so did Ryan. so on a whim, Ryan and I saw them at Target one night back in December while we were doing Christmas shopping. and bought a bunch to put in their stockings. Nowadays, the kids like to design their own garbage pail kid cards. below is Emily's. I don't know if I should be proud or maybe just disturbed?? what do you think?
Labels:
Trenton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is hilarious. You better get a patent lawyer for these cards they are designing so college will be paid for with all of money they make off of these "disturbing" images. No, it's hilarious. Man, the 1980's are really here again, people said it would be the one era to never come back....um I don't know why because it's the coolest one ever....??????
Love you Jill,
Happy Mother's Day
Shauna
Collects:
Kalen: pocket knives
Gwyneth: books
Reece: silly bands
Georgia: stuffed animals
Shane: "bankies"
Summer: shoes (she's a shoe hoarder)
It all drives me nuts. I'd rather not have so many "things" but my kids think differently.... :)
Post a Comment