Friday, May 25, 2012

painting fun



You can tell a lot about a person by the way they paint.  My paint brush is the top one.  I'm fast, sloppy and impatient.  that's just the way it is.  Ryan, is the bottom paint brush.  he's the opposite.  Our painting conversations went like this:

Ryan:  It's not a race, Jill. 5 minutes later.  slow down, Jill!  10 minutes later.  how about you take a break and let me finish this.  :)  we finally compromised by having me do the middle of the walls and he did all the trim/tricky parts. thanks Ryan!  we (and I mean mostly you) did a great job!!!!

Trent's room: Before  clouds are a little too babyish for a 10 year old...


during  all three kids loved painting!  We gave the kids a choice of any color they wanted for their rooms and Trent went with cream.


after 

 Emily's room:  before 2 green walls and 2 yellow walls




during   

  
 

 after  holy moly!  this room is bright.  But Emily loves it.  like really really loves it.  never mind that none of her bedding or things in her room match lime green.  we'll work on it.  she keeps giving tours of her room to all the neighborhood kids.  it's hilarious.



I had high hopes that this painting thing wouldn't be so hard and we could zip through the rooms really fast, but it turns out, painting is harder than it looks.  and it took forever.  We only did 2 rooms, Trent and Emily's.  #3 on the list was the living room (it's dark brown!  yuck!) will have to wait till later.  but that's okay.  I love the way the kids' rooms turned out!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Fun times Jill, too fun. I love it. You must be in heaven to finally be able to do what you want!!! Can't wait to see what you put over the dark brown. I really like the color of Trent's room, I want to do something like that to the boy's room, throw me the name of the color, would ya? I love that picture of you with Jake, super pretty, and great head band. Take care,

Shauna