Tuesday, September 18, 2012

this is my backyard

Since we live up in the mountains there are trails everywhere.  Right in our backyard.  But last year when we moved here, a friend warned me about coyotes, and to never run alone.  Well, that freaked me out, and for the next year, I only ran on the streets.  boring.  I would constantly be thinking about how much I missed running in Yoyogi Koen, in Tokyo.  A few weeks ago, I mustered up some courage and went for a run on the trails.  heaven!  What had I been missing out on for an entire year!  So the past few weeks, I have been running (sometimes walking, depending on my shin splints) the trails.  I only go in the middle of the day, when it's rare to have an animal sighting.  What kinds of animals are you most likely to see in the early morning or evenings?  Bobcats, cougars, deer and coyotes.  and a mile further up the mountain they sometimes see bears, but we've never had a bear in our neighborhood.  Such is life when you live in the middle of no where.  Last Sunday, I took Jake on a walk with my camera to take pics of where I run.  GORGEOUS!!!                                                                



1.4 miles around the lake









4 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Oh man, I am soooooo jealous. How beautiful! I run in a dry field and jump over sagebrush, but it's right out my door- so I can't complain. U r lucky- take in a fresh breath for me.

Lisa Brown said...

That is so beautiful! I would almost be tempted to run there - actually, let's be honest, I think I would just walk it :).

Shauna said...

Really pretty Jill, we have some similar scenic views here too :) Take care,

Shauna

kelly ferg said...

Beautiful! Do you have a spare bedroom so I can move in?