Friday, September 28, 2012

September wrap up

 a few random September pictures

sorting food for the foodbank--community service day. 

 


Emily asking for food donations outside the grocery store--she said they learned really fast to talk slow and enunciate.
 
 
school walkathon!!  18 laps around the school, one faceplant on the cement by Jacob, and popcorn and ice cream for everyone.
 

they're in it for the prizes...


I found this adorable Halloween display wall.  and fell in love with the creepy baby.  I (and by that I mean Emily) spraypainted cheap $1 frames, and put together a Halloween wall in the living room.  I loved it so much, I couldn't stop walking through the living room a billion times that day just to keep looking at it.  Trent said, "I get it!  a whole creepy family!" 

BUT...because I don't want to put a billion nails in the wall I used picture frame tape.  and within a day all my frames had fallen down, some even breaking into pieces.  by the way, in the middle of the night, it's the scariest thing ever to waken to a crash.
 

cute for a day...and just in case you're wondering, I'm still trying to decide on a new paint color

 
baby Toms--a gift for my friend.  I put them next to mine so you could see how tiny they are.  SO cute. 
 


we've also tried a few other Halloween projects and they've all failed.  but, it's still going to be an awesome Halloween because we got a fog machine!  Every year we try to add a few things to our Halloween decor and the kids are super excited for the fog machine.  Since they are now all older, they want the scary stuff.  I had to veto Emily's idea of a  lifelike, waterfall of blood running down our front door. 

cheesecloth/cornstarch ghosts--FAIL!
 

1 comment:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

WHAT???!!!! No blood running fountain, what kind of a mother are you!. Well, I'll answer that for you- you're a really good one. I love the fog machine idea. You'll have to show us pics of that. So fun.