I am not a salad lover. I usually make myself choke down an occasional salad because I know it's good for me. BUT...this weekend, I found the most delicious, amazing salad! Dinner was soup, cornbread and hot bacon asparagus salad. But the salad was so good, Ryan and I skipped the soup and had three helpings each of the salad instead. It's that good!
My mom's ward put out a Relief Society cookbook a few years ago (go Twin Falls 15th ward!) and it's my go to cookbook. That ward is full of amazing cooks (my mom included). This salad is from Catherine Allan.
Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad
7 bacon strips, diced
1 lb. fresh asparagus
1/3 C vinegar
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 C torn salad greens
1/2 C sliced almonds
2 hard cooked eggs, sliced
In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces. saute in bacon grease until crisp/tender. Add vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and almonds. Add asparagus mixture and toss. Top with eggs. Serve immediately.
sorry there's not a picture--I couldn't trust my husband. I was afraid if I left the table to get my camera, I would come back to an empty plate.
2 comments:
Oh yummy- I love this salad. I actually have this one memorized. I make it for lots of get togethers. It is also my go to cookbook. I bet I use twice a week- Catherine Allen has my favorite reciepes too- and your mom!!!!!
Alright, my kids would love this for sure. I will get back to you on the opinions.. :) Love to you,
Shauna xoxoxox
Post a Comment