Wednesday, October 2, 2013

hair like the sun

Jacob discovered his Halloween costume from last year and was running around the house scaring everyone.  He slicked back his hair with gel and then asked me,

"does my hair look like the sun?"
me--with a confused look on my face, I had no idea what he was talking about.
jake- annoyed that I didn't know what he meant said, "shiny, mom.  does my hair look shiny?"

Most years we decorate for the holidays together, getting down all the boxes, the kids tear through them all, taking out their favorite things, there's a little fighting, some things break, then everyone eventually looses interest and I end up walking around the house collecting random decorations the kids have cast aside.

this year, I decided to surprise the kids on October first, by setting up the entire house for Halloween while they were at school.  I added a few new things this year.  The kids were so excited!!  Jake was running around the house, then came up to me, took my hand, and said, "mom, will you take me on a tour of the house?"


the fridge of Halloween pictures from past years is still my favorite thing!  That was last year's project. 


This year, we've added a medusa head, that is sight and sound activated and is driving me crazy!  and I am loving  the Martha Stewart Wall and window clings  and banner.  The witch wall cling is my absolute favorite. I got mine at Michaels.  but it's also on Amazon here. 

 
my little vampire doing his homework
 
Halloween stuff is up and we're having pumpkin soup for dinner.  We love fall time!!


his mouth is stuffed with gumballs...

2 comments:

Shauna said...

You're so awesome Jill. I'm getting that wall witch ASAP. So great. I love it all. You are the greatest mom ever. Love you,
Shauna xoxoxoxo

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Luv it all! I did the same thing, except my kids were mad I did it myself! I keep thinking that they'll lose interest, but not yet!