Sunday, March 16, 2014

Trent is 12


and in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when a boy turns 12, and he is worthy, he receives the Aaronic Priesthood and is ordained to the office of a deacon.



Deacons are assigned the responsibility of passing the sacrament (the bread and water) to the congregation each week.   Today he passed the sacrament for the first time.  There was a little confusion about where he should stand while waiting for the tray.   But he did great.  He had a big smile on his face afterwards! 


In sacrament meeting last week, they called Trent to the front of the chapel to announce that he had turned 12, would be graduating from Primary, and moving into the Young Men's program and receiving the priesthood later that day.  He recited the 13th Article of Faith, the longest one.  He was nervous, but didn't make any mistakes.


12 is a big birthday.  A big milestone in the church.  We were so happy that both grandfathers were there to participate in the ordination.  We are thankful that Trent is making good choices in his life, and we're thankful for our family.


******************************************

if you have any questions about anything I shared here regarding our faith, click on the links here.

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Aaronic Priesthood

Sacrament

deacon

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Congrats to Trent. I love the young men's program. I love all that they are involved in and the cause. It's such a blessing. You all look so happy. Happy Birthday Trent. Love,

Shauna xo

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Wow...12? I. Am. Old. Congrats, Trent...keep making good choices!

Lisa Brown said...

So exciting! I can't believe that he is 12! That means Lily will be 12 next year. Too crazy!