This summer we've been having "make-it Mondays" which means every Monday I have an arts and crafts project ready. By far, our best one this summer has been glow in the dark art. It's the coolest thing ever. Everybody should try it!! I'm trying to figure out how I can work it into Young Women's activities or elementary school class parties, it's that cool.
here is the link I got the idea from. follow the steps exactly. we invited our good friends, the Roberts over on a Monday night and did it in the garage. I covered the tables with black garbage sacks. The kids painted on black paper while the two mom's each walked around with a black light in their hands, shining it on each kid's paper. the neon glitter was the best part. don't be cheap and skip the glitter!
my 14 year old has started taking this when she goes babysitting and it's a huge hit. With smaller kids, and so it doesn't get too messy, (since she's just the babysitter!) she does it in the backyard with the kids, still fun to paint and glitter normally, and then they all go in a dark bathroom with the blacklight and their projects to see the finished version.
No comments:
Post a Comment