Jacob turned eight last week! This year, he had his very first friend birthday party. We're almost always visiting family in August and have family birthday parties. Which are awesome too, but this way was also very fun.
The idea for a shark party came from the Shark Wars books--my boys are obsessed with them this summer! We just finished book 4 and there are 6 in the series. It's our read aloud book for the summer. In fact, Jake got the whole series for his birthday, and a giant stuffed shark, which Jacob immediately named Grey, after the main character in the books.
invitations were super cute from etsy. (didn't want to put the real one up on the internet)
It was a back yard water party with a slip n slide and water games all involving shark related stuff. There were five friends. They also loved shooting the air rifle at a target of a shark's head. Planning a shark party was tons of fun with a billion ideas on pinterest. I especially loved my shark watermelon, and doughnut display that Ryan built me. I'll probably be serving doughnuts at every party from here on out because I love it so much.
Jacob does not like anything with frosting. So we went with brownies and doughnuts in place of cake. But he still wanted eight candles shoved on one brownie!
I had this great idea that all party helpers would wear shark fins on their head. But Emily refused. She's too cool. Trent really liked it though.
I also had an ice painting project while they were waiting for their turn to use the air rifle. It's a toss up with 8 year olds--they all like different things. Some liked ice painting. Some just wanted to run around and sword fight with the inflatable sharks. One kid did NOT want to go near the air rifle. it was too scary. Click here for the ice painting directions and follow them exactly. the liquid watercolor was so dark!! it was perfect. and Jacob loved helping to get it all ready.
snuggling in mom and dad's bed the next morning--he loves sleeping with his shark!
Happy Birthday, Jacob!!! We love you!













1 comment:
Best mom ever! I love planning birthday parties too.
Post a Comment