We have survived our first three days of school!
The Third Grader--left his glasses on the bus the first day, and his jacket at school the second day. Loves his teacher and seems happy to be back in school.
The seventh grader--everything is back to normal at middle school. I haven't worried about Trent at all this year. He was sad he got a bottom locker, excited to start cross country next week, and LOVED that his math teacher uses exercise balls instead of chairs for each student. There are no chairs in the room!
the ninth grader--is so-so. Each day gets a little better. There have been some tears. High school is overwhelming. It's very crowded in the halls, easy to get lost (three floors of a complex layout that makes no sense) and the teachers are intense! It's a very large school with a little over 2,100 students. Seminary seems okay and I'm hoping she'll make new friends there. On the third day of school she found the Mormon table at lunch and now has people to eat lunch with. I love that there's a Mormon table. She's taking Honors English, Honors Social Studies, biology, choir, Japanese 1 and Algebra 2.
The best part of each day is the drive after school to the pool for swim team practice. The older girls drive the younger girls. I don't think Emily's ever experienced windows down, music blasting, girls yelling things out the window at pedestrians before. But it's fun for her. The days seem long for me! she leaves at 5:50 am and gets home at 5 pm.
When I dropped her off the cheerleaders were lining the sidewalk doing cheers. I thought it was hilarious. Emily said it was awkward and embarrassing.
1 comment:
The Mormon table can get a little crazy, but I'm glad Emily found us!
Post a Comment