Thursday, September 25, 2014

this week

praying...for Emily! After struggling for 4 months with a swimming hip injury and lots of physical therapy, we finally did an MRI with the orthopedic and discovered a tear in the muscle!  She is off the swim team and is now on a 4 week limited movement rest.  she can go to school and that's it.  And at school she uses the elevators.  She's sad, but after dealing with this for so long, she just wants to get it better so she can come back next summer, healed and ready to swim.

driving...all the time.  The new after school schedule is especially brutal on Wednesdays.  I live in my car.


fan girling...over Once Upon a Time!  Our whole family loves this show.  We got into it this summer, watching all three seasons and can't wait for season four to start this week!!!  And since Emily doesn't read my blog, I can show you this necklace I just got for her birthday!

Once Upon A Time Necklace "Henry's Book" V1 Poison Apple and Queen's Keys


working...on cub scouts.  Jacob just earned his Bobcat and loves cub scouts so much!!



loving...Brownie batter cookies.  If you're short on time, these cookies are perfect!  remember the cake mix cookies from a few years ago?  These are the same thing but with a brownie mix.  so good!!  1 brownie mix, 1 egg, 2 T water and 1/3 C oil.  bake 9 minutes at 375.  cool 20 minutes on the pan.  so easy.

eating...super healthy! (except for the brownie batter cookies, which I only make for things like cub scouts etc.)  September and January seem to be the two months where we are really more dedicated.  Summer was fun but now it's time to get back to normal.  I have lost 5 pounds and Ryan, 15 pounds!






2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Poor Emily!! And I hear you about the after school schedule. I miss summer :). And I am going to have to try those brownie cookies :).

Shauna said...

I've heard of this show. People love it! Great gift for her.

Kalen has loved scouts and is doing his Eagle project starting soon. He has the whole thing planned. It's actually really awesome because he and Joe are doing it together. The should have their Eagles early this coming year. Crazy huh? Miss you,

Shauna xoxo