Sunday, March 25, 2012

science fair awards

when I signed up to help out with the science fair and said I would be available to do whatever they needed me to do, I didn't know they would be giving me the most boring science fair job of all.  Monitoring the gym for 3 hours, making sure nobody touched anything.  for 3 hours.  and all classes had their teachers with them at all times, so I wasn't feeling too useful.   next time I will specifically say, I'd like to be a judge...or in charge of ribbons.

But...since I had so much time to walk up and down and up and down the aisles I started making up awards in my head to entertain myself.  Here you go.


The CAN'T STOP TOUCHING awards

1.  what happens when you put ivory soap in the microwave?  I had no idea it would do this.  every kid kept trying to reach out and touch this soap

2.  making sugar candy crystals.  






The MOST RANDOM award
they gave various dogs different colored waters to see what they would drink.  interestingly enough, they all drank the red water.

also not pictured, dissecting a sheep's brain.  seriously?  this is elementary school.  Where would a 4th grader get a sheep's brain?  "you can get anything on Amazon" Trent said.  "maybe she lives on a sheep farm"  thought Jake.  I guess we'll always be wondering....



the NEVER LET YOUR KIDS DO THIS PROJECT award--

yes, we all know that volcanos, flowers in dye and coke/mentos are cool, but I saw like 20 of each!!!  please parents! try to steer your kids in a more original, different direction.  these have been done.  over and over and over.

 but out of all the many, many, volcano's this was the coolest one.


the THANK YOU award
thank you for doing the research and answering questions for me--like chewing all the types of gum in the store and fnding out which one holds its' flavor the longest.  answer:  Hubba Bubba.  who knew?  and bonus points for sticking all your wads of chewed up gum on your poster board.  both creative and a little gross.


or--which store bought cookie dough tastes the best?  answer:  Nestle Tollhouse.  good to know.


the "totally going to do this with my kids this summer" award

stand on 1 egg--it breaks
stand on 2 eggs--they break
stand on an entire carton of eggs--they don't break.  the weight is evenly dispersed.  

my kids would have so much fun with this one.
a

No comments: