Sunday, June 3, 2012

Survivor mud run


yesterday Ryan and I ran the Seattle Survivor Mud run.  I absolutely loved it!! I thought it was exciting and really fun.  Ryan, not so much.  But I'm so glad he did it with me.  I forced him to sign up.  Then a few days ago, he decided he wasn't up to doing it.  He really didn't want to and also hasn't been going to the gym much lately so was worried he wouldn't be able to run it.  He drove out with me, with the intent of cheering me on and taking pictures, but once we got there, he changed his mind.  and I was so glad!  It rained most of the time.  there were about 4500 people racing. waves of 300 people every 15 minutes.  we were the first wave.

I was a little sad there weren't any awesome pics of us army crawling through the mud, but this was the best we got.  3.5 miles.  22 obstacles.  we climbed, crawled, jumped and slid our way through.  Took us almost an hour.  The race was at Remlinger Farms, just 15 minutes down the road from here.  and 2 of the muddy obstacles smelled so bad.  It's a farm after all.  we were pretty sure it wasn't just mud we were sloshing through.  so gross.


and we're done!  I'd run another one in a heartbeat,  but Ryan never again.  so who wants to run it again with me??


2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

You are awesome!!!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

You inspire me! Great job, it looks like a fun run.