Friday, February 22, 2013

five on Friday

 
1.  Kanoodle   My 10 year old has always been good at brain teasers and puzzles.  When he was three, for his birthday we gave him a few (maybe 50 piece?) puzzles.  His older sister would get frustrated and leave the puzzle unfinished.  Trent would stay and finish it.  He got a Kanoodle for Christmas and does it every day.  every.  single.  day.   

 



2.  Lands End polka dot dress  have you ever had a love affair with a dress?  I can count on one hand the number of times where I walk into a store, see a dress, and instantly fall in love.  The perfect dress.  totally me.  and then you try it on, hoping, actually that it won't fit, because a dress was not on your list of things to buy that day,  but it fits perfectly!!  and it's on sale!  That's what happened last week. It was fate.  And now it's my new Easter dress.  I especially love the rope belt.

  















3.  Here Comes the Boom  I'm super strict with what my kids are allowed to watch.  It's getting harder as they get older, because they want to watch non-cartoon, non-Disney movies.  This one is clean and hilarious.  Our whole family loved it. 



4.   generic brand curlformers --called tangled trends  I've wanted to try curlformers in Emily's hair for a while now, but they are way too expensive!  A friend in my ward told me she got a generic brand off ebay.  Ebay!  why didn't I think of that!  They are $12 for one set, and it recommends 2 sets for a full head of hair.  2 sets was perfect for Emily.  Emily refused to let me take any before or after pictures, but they were amazing!  perfect ringlets that literally stayed in all day.  The only downside was that it was a little painful to put in and Emily didn't like sleeping on them.  She has a really sensitive head.  but I think I also need to perfect my applying technique.

picture taken from website
Picture

5.  Cirque de Soleil --date night.  my first time ever seeing cirque de soleil and I loved it! 

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Okay, awesome! YOu haven't done this in awhile! I love it all. The dress is very you and so cute.

Yes, I've heard of these curlers but they are very expensive. ANd yes, when all is lost try ebay. Always.

I want to get that movie for sure.

And what a great date night, you look great, both of you. Love you always,

Shauna xoxoxoxoxo