Friday, February 8, 2013

Hot Yoga




Last week I discovered that I love hot yoga!  I know, I know.  I'm jumping on the hot yoga bandwagon.  It's very trendy up here in Seattle with little hot yoga studios popping up everywhere.  and I've never tried any kind of yoga before.  ever.  BUT...since it's winter, and rainy, I did something crazy.  I did a free trial week at a super expensive, nice gym, with no intention to join the gym!  I'm sure they hate people like me.  I just wanted a week of free classes.   My goal was to try everything and be open minded. 
 
In the 4 days I went to the gym that week --wait!  why not 6 days and utilize every day?  I had forgotten about a cub scout geology day, and then Emily had an orthodontist emergency.  Her bracket popped off.   "Can't this wait till next Monday?"  I said,  "because I have something really important to do today."  (I didn't mention it was hot yoga)  But it couldn't wait.  no hot yoga that day.  I'm a great mom, what can I say?

anyways...in 4 days, I went to 9 classes.  I discovered that I LOVE hot yoga.  I love how relaxed I felt afterwards.  and the heat makes you extra flexible.  I kept thinking, "Look at me!  Look how flexible I am!"

Here is a great article called eight benefits of Hot Yoga


My spinning class was a close second.  loved every minute of it.  I found out that I hate BAR pilates.  I am not a ballarina.  I also enjoyed kickboxing and weight classes.

all in all, it was a great week.  fun to try new things.  a nice distraction from the gloomy, rainy weather, and I lost 2 pounds!  of course, that was pre-superbowl weekend!  :)

namaste!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'm always so impressed by you Jill and your willingness to try new things. You are the best mom, don't even try to deny it. I think that bracket could have waited, c'mon aren't there like fifty other brackets in their too? :) Wish I could have been with you, as always,

Shauna oxoxoxoxxo