Everyone in our family loves the superbowl, maybe especially because we weren't able to watch it for 4 years, and maybe especially because the 49er's are Ryan and Trent's favorite team.
Because the Seahawks are in the same division as the 49er's, everyone around here hates the 49er's. We were on our own.
The best part for me, is the food! and coming home on a fast Sunday from 1 pm church, we were starving! The biggest hit was a jalapeno cheesy popping dip I saw on Rachel Ray a few days ago. (bottom dish in the picture) Click here for the recipe. It is to die for. I could have eaten the entire pan.
I also have fallen in love with Costco's smoked pulled pork. I have a rule with myself that I never stop for samples when I'm at Costco. and on the rare occasion that a sample is so enticing that I can't say no, I never actually buy it. But this sample, was SO good, I not only bought it, but talked to the lady to go over the exact recipe. Need something easy??
Microwave for 7 minutes.
stir in a little BBQ sauce
serve over Costco pretzel slider rolls (also amazing!)
SO GOOD!
with kids, the only way we watch the superbowl is DVR'd, fast forwarding any commercials about beer or go daddy. and also skipped the entire halftime show. no thanks, Beyonce.
There were a few commercial favorites in our house, (Dorito's Goat, Tide miracle stain) but the Oreo whisper fight had the kids actually rolling on the ground laughing so hard.
and even though the 49er's lost, our night ended with pazookies. Because pazookies make everything all better.

No comments:
Post a Comment