Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Austin Mahone concert
Yesterday, Emily, Trent and I went to an Austin Mahone concert! It was so much fun. Here's the story. Before yesterday, Emily liked Austin Mahone, but LOVED 1D. Her room is like a One Direction shrine. She's been feeling bad she didn't get to go to the 1D concert here in Seattle. It was on a Sunday, plus sold out before I had even heard about it. Two strikes against us. She has a friend in Utah whose entire Beehive class bought tickets together and is going for a YW activity. She about died when she heard that and wondered why we can't live in Utah.
fast forward to last Friday. Emily is taking a rowing class this summer, which is 30 minutes away, which means I now spend 2 hours a day driving in the car for drop off and pick ups. I was driving on Friday and heard on the radio, an announcement for a last minute Austin Mahone benefit concert at the Seattle Children's Hospital. I got online and bought 3 tickets as soon as I got home. It was a short, 3 song, acoustic concert, plus an interview. and it was in a small theater, that seats around 100 so we were so up close!!!
and then at the end, they announced that each girl would get to individually do a meet and greet and pictures with Austin. how cool is that? As soon as they announced it, the crowd erupted in screams. Girls were crying. It was insane. Emily really loved it.
I guess now we are "Mahoniacs" (big fans) as the t-shirts say. Trent liked it, but felt a little weird that there were only like 4 boys there.
it was so funny to look out during a song, and see every girl holding up their phone.
Labels:
seattle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Too funny!!! Congrats to Emily for meeting him, what a great picture/pictures. Trent looks like my son Reece. :) Love you,
Shauna xox
What an awesome mom you are!!
Post a Comment