Tuesday, July 16, 2013

this week...

  • packing Emily up for camp tomorrow!!  She is so excited she can hardly stand it.  I know she will have a great time.  She has the most amazing YW leaders.  Here are some pics from last month's daddy daughter Twin night.  Think, Men In Black.
 

  • Said goodbye to my sister Lynne today.  She came and stayed with us for 4 days while my parents are on an Alaska Cruise.   posts coming soon about our awesome weekend!!   She is leaving in 2 weeks for her mission.  This was the last time my kids will get to see her for a long time!

  • roasting in our house.  we hit 90 again today.  it's 82 in the house.  and our A/C is broken!  the guy came out and said nothing was wrong with it.  some sort of electrical problem??  bottom line:  we're melting...

  • Cannot figure out what everyone is wearing for our family pictures next week.  I hate stuff like this.  every day the package man comes with another package of family picture hopefuls, and every day the "going to back to the store" pile grows larger.  Mostly, the problem is me. Every time I try something on, I think, "10 years ago...or 10 pounds ago...this would have looked so cute!"  I know, I know.  I need to get over it.  35 is not that old!

  • and I will leave you with a hilarious story.  We were all in the car, driving in downtown Seattle to drop off my parents at the cruise ship dock.  it was a beautiful day.  and just as my mom was commenting on what a nice, lovely city, Seattle is, a large group of NUDE bicyclists drive by!!  like around 40 men and women all completely naked just riding down the street.  We all sat their in shock.  Emily screams, "cover Jacob's eyes!"  and then we all started laughing.  Seattle!  what's going on??

1 comment:

kelly ferg said...

Sounds like an interesting life there in Seattle. Nude bicyclists' seem to be all over, Travis saw some in Nevada too. Must be the new thing. Glad you got to spend some good time with your sister.