Friday, July 26, 2013

Denny Creek 2013

this week we hiked Denny Creek with our neighbors.  One of my favorite hikes in the area to do with kids.  we went last year also.  A fun day with a few hiccups.
  • Trent forgot his swim suit
  • flies were every where.  they were attacking us and the kids were freaking out!
  • the 4 year old neighbor girl was a little too young.  lots of tantrums.  my kids are not used to that!  they kept looking at me like, "why is she crying?  make her stop crying!"  But I still think she did a great job!
  • Trent slipped and hit his head.  I have never heard him cry so hard.  ever.  as I was running over to him, I thought for sure he had split his head open or broken something.  I was watching him for signs of a concussion for the rest of the day.  But he was fine.
  • the whole thing took longer than expected and we missed our orthodontist appointments!  I rushed in, 20 minutes late, hoping they would take us, but we had to reschedule.


after Trent hit his head, he was soaking it in the ice cold water, in place of an ice pack.






 so...if you're children are say, maybe age 5-6 or older, Denny Creek is the hike for you!!  I still love it and we will be back again next summer.   The funny thing was, Emily hates hiking with a passion and usually, would be the one complaining.  But she said to me afterwards, "Mom, there were so many times I wanted to turn around and stop or say something negative, but I knew I couldn't because of Karly (the 4 year old).  I had to be happy to set an example for her."  It was cute to see Emily and Karly holding hands going up the trail, with Emily saying things like, "isn't this so much fun?"  :)

1 comment:

Ehales said...

Emily's suit is so cute, and good for her being an example! You guys are so active, it's very inspiring.