Friday, July 19, 2013

Lynne

My little sister Lynne is a great aunt to my kids.  and in some ways, is the big sister Emily never had.  Lynne was only 7 when I had Emily, and she was 14 when I had Jacob.   She reads stories, plays games, makes cookies, and lets Jake lie in bed with her in the morning. 

And if there's anyone who's going to miss her while she's on her mission to Toronto, Canada, it will be Jacob!  He cried when she left.  He has always loved her so much and been her little friend every time we are together.  I remember in Japan, when Jacob was 2, after Lynne had come for a visit and left to go back home, Jacob would wander all through the house, calling, "Lynne?  Lynne?"  I would explain that she was on the airplane, going back home and he would say okay. then a few minutes later, would be walking up and down the halls doing it again.  "Lynne?  Lynne?" 


Lynne--we promise to send you oodles of letters and packages and cookies!  Thank you for setting such a good example for my children.  We love you so much!


more pics from the rest of Lynne's visit.  a trip to the tide pool at Alki beach.  My first tide pool!  It was pretty cool.


 

 
 
 

PS--for anyone who wears contacts.  I've been wearing my glasses for 2 weeks b/c my right eye all of sudden stopped being able to take a contact. lots of red, burning, eye on fire type of stuff.  I thought it was allergies or maybe an eye infection.  Then it dawned on me!  I change my contacts every 2 weeks, but have been using my same contact case for over a year and even my saline in the case, I keep for months at a time.  gross right?  I got a new contact case and started changing the saline every day like you're supposed to, and problem solved.  I don't even want to know what kind of gross germs were in my old contact case.  so contact wearers out there--keep your saline and contact cases fresh and clean!!

No comments: