I love any recipe that lets me use my trifle bowl. If you don't have a trifle bowl, any glass bowl will do. Brownie Trifle Parfait is one of my husband's favorite desserts that I make, if not maybe the all time favorite. I took this to a party recently and thought I'd post it. I got this recipe years ago from my Aunt Carolyn.
1 large or 2 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding--make according to package directions
1 9x13 pan of brownies
8-10 Heath or Skor candy bars coarsely crushed (I prefer Skor)
whipped cream (or cool whip if you must, but don't! because cool whip is ekkkk!)
Layer in a trifle bowl or any glass bowl would be pretty
whipped cream
brownie
pudding
candy bars coarsely chopped
whipped cream
brownie
pudding
whipped cream on top
candy bars on top
You can also serve as individual parfaits
also, if you want to go all fancy, dip the rim of the bowl in light corn syrup, then finely crushed candy bar. It's all about presentation.
and when you bring home an almost empty bowl, your children will lick it clean!
1 comment:
I have that recipe, or a similar one. Did I get you that trifle bowl? It looks just like mine. Love you,
Shauna xo
Post a Comment