Emily has been sewing up a storm this summer!!! She just finished this beautiful quilt, to donate to an orphanage in Tokyo. This counted for her Young Women Good Works value project.
I have a friend in Tokyo who organizes the stepping stones quilt project, through Helping Hands. Working with three orphanages, each person is given a quilt when they graduate from high school and move out of the orphanage and to attend college or work or whatever. We were given a girls name and told that her favorite color was pink.
Great job Emily!
1 comment:
What!!!!!!!!!! She made that!!!!! She takes right after you! I am making my first quilt right now!!! I love the colors of hers so much! What a noble cause. If I were her, I would never buy bedding again. She should make her own, it's way better than anything she could buy. I love it. xoxoxox
Shauna
Post a Comment